BFG customizes a program to address your bank’s specific compliance requirements. We work with your internal compliance staff to ensure policies are current and create policies and procedures for establishing sound compliance strategies. We work to fill the gaps in your compliance knowledge and programs, structuring and implementing cost-efficient support from specialized reviews of compliance with a specific law or regulation to enterprise-wide solutions.
Our comprehensive approach includes:
- A complete assessment of your compliance program, including transactions and reporting
- Testing to uncover areas of weakness
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date compliance policies and procedures
- Recommending corrective actions
- Implementing recommendations
- Training bank personnel on compliance issues and practices
- Keeping staff current on new and changing laws and regulations
- Preparing the bank for its regulatory examinations
We review your compliance program and develop policies and procedures to ensure that your compliance practices meet federal standards. Our consultation extends to all consumer compliance-related banking laws and regulations. Our lending and deposit transaction testing is thorough and broad-based. When we find compliance violations, we work with you to implement corrective actions. Our expertise extends to assistance in resolving problems or concerns cited in regulatory examinations or expressed in more formal written agreements or regulatory enforcement actions.
We become the bank’s compliance partner, available and accessible to you and your staff. We are on-site in your bank on schedule, and can be reached by phone or email every business day. And we are proactive, providing updates on laws and regulations, and staying close to your program to ensure you remain current and compliant with all federal consumer regulations.
We get your bank compliant on the complete spectrum of federal consumer laws and regulations, including:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Regulation P-Privacy
- Truth-in-Lending act
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Expedited Funds Availability Act
- Truth-in-Savings Act
- Fair Housing Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act
BFG clients receive unique support in the marketplace that translates into higher regulatory ratings and examinations. This means:
One-on-one Support with an Assigned Compliance Expert
This eliminates a common concern over who will be the clients “next” consultant on each visit. Each client works exclusively with an expert BFG consultant whereby a unique relationship develops with a level of comfort and familiarity. More is accomplished in less time without the usual operational and staff interruptions incurred with other service providers.
Experienced Professional Experts
BFG recruits nationally to bring our clients the most experienced compliance experts. Our consultant’s average over ten years of regulatory and/or banking experience; many having attained the industries highest accreditation being the “Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager”. BFG professionals include former bankers and regulatory experts from the different regulatory agencies.
- They possess a variety of experience in working with financial institutions of all sizes from the novo start ups to regional and money center institutions.
- They understand the workings of the regulators, the examination process and maintain ongoing relationships with them to be abreast of the regulatory changes.
This balance of both regulatory and banking experience brings the bank broad experience and a balanced prospective in addressing issues.